Followers

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Mischief? Me?

Even though I cannot hear or have perfect vision, I am just a normal puppy
and I do normal puppy things.
Of course, I get up to mischief, why wouldn't I?

So far, I have chewed my way through three trainers, and a pair of slippers,
ripped the hems off two pairs of mum's pyjama's, chewed the end
USB connection of her laptop cooler.



WHAT??!

Before I arrived mum was given a dog crate by a very kind lady called Alana,
she brought it home with the help of another of my friend's BIG Luke.
She and dad set it up beside the sofa and put in loads of lovely
comfy cushions and covers but the first time I went in and the door was
locked behind me I didn't like it one bit, and I let everyone know!

Fudgie didn't like the noise and he attacked the cage trying to get me out,
but it didn't work. Dad let me out, in the end, cos mum had nipped out.
I've never really liked it since and always cause a huge fuss when I have to
go in it, unless I have some biscuits thrown in for me, and then I'm too busy to notice!
Now the crate has been moved into the dining room and
it's there for me when it's mealtimes, so I don't stare at everyone and make 
them feel guilty for eating without me. 

Nik keeps our food in the dining room (Benji, Fudge, and Me) and because it
isn't in a sturdy container I found I could nibble (and rip) at the
bag really easily while it was on a chair.
Mum discovered me sat on the table one day enjoying a little snack, so now
the big bag of food has found a new home, inside the dog crate!
We have a juggle before mealtimes though, when I eat I go in the crate,
when I don't eat the food goes in there. 
It doesn't stop me from trying my luck and dashing in there before the swap!

Did I mention I love to eat!















 

3 comments:

  1. You were warned that although the eyesight and the hearing left a lot to be desired, the collie brain was in FULL working order ... beware the collie with nothing to do!! Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how right you were! The trainers we're not bothered about as hubby has always upheld the belief you give them something to chew that you're not bothered about! Fair enough, they're his! haha! The Jama bottoms are frayed due her grabbing my ankles and trying to kill me as I come downstairs!! And the cable....? God knows!! I don't know how on earth she got to it! Another thing you warned me about, hahaha! She'll be lucky to survive the year at this rate...or I will! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww its a shame she did not like the crate, but atleast you can get some use out of it!she sounds like she is doing fantastic. All the best Alana xx

    ReplyDelete