Followers

Wednesday 14 March 2012

My chance of a happy life

On March 2nd two women came to see us, it was just after tea.
They made such a fuss of us and did not seem to mind that
seven dogs were hanging off them.
They smelled nice. They smelled kind. I liked them.
They stayed quite late and didn't seem to notice the time but that was OK.
Lee was happy for them to stay as long as they wanted
but eventually they got up to leave.
I didn't want them to go and as they walked out of the door
I followed, hot on their heels.
I'm glad I did cos Finn the cat's food bowl was in the hall
and it gave me an opportunity to have a good lick!

How I love to torment him.


This is me with Finn the cat, he is deaf too!

The following day the older woman came back
and she brought two other people with her.
She introduced them as her son, Nik,
and his girlfriend, Ashlea.
They didn't stay very long only about half an hour,
but we managed to cram in lots of loving and lots of licks.
And also a few photographs.

                                                            




I liked them and I think they liked me, I was on my very best behaviour 
although I did chase Finn a bit, they didn't seem to notice!
And of course, that older woman was there and I like her very much!
She looked into my eyes and smiled, not just on her face but inside too. 
I wondered whether she could be my special friend, the one Lee
had been telling me about, and then she asked me;
'Are you going to be my forever friend?'
And as much as I wanted to stay with my brothers
and my wonderful foster mum I also wanted to bark;
'YES, YES, YES.' as loud as I could!  





No comments:

Post a Comment