Followers

Thursday 22 March 2012

How I Got My Name

That first day I was so tired I fell asleep mid-play. The house where I was now
seemed busy all the time and there was so much to take in, people
coming and people going, it was hard to keep up.
Before she left, Lee gave me a toy, a handmade mouse with a long tail.
I loved playing with it as it smelled of her and all my misfit family.
Without it I was a bit scared although I was given lots of cuddles by everyone.
Lee also left a blanket that I shared the night before with Jed and Joel
and when I climbed into my bed I wondered how they were. 

It was while my new mum, Christine, was taking photos of me that I got my name.
She took lots of photo's of me asleep on the sofa - although I didn't know -
and when she looked back at them she noticed that the patches on my nose
resembled two pigs fighting, one with its head turned away where the
other had punched its lights out!

If you look closely you will see those pigs doing battle! 

 


It was my dad, Robert, who first called me Jessie Two Pigs and the name has stuck.
Especially because they say I'm greedy and eat like two pigs, but
they've never had Jed and Joel to contend with, and besides
I just love my food. 


You cannot get to be as mischievous as me without some stamina!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment